All the money that Dinmore Manor Locomotive Ltd. receives is ploughed back into the restoration and operation of the Heritage Steam Locomotives that we own. All our workers and directors are wholly voluntary ensuring the maximum funding for our passion –
“ The Dream of Steam”.
We raise funds in a variety of ways:
- through the hire of the locos to Heritage Railways
- through the purchase of shares in the company
- recently through the manufacture and sale of GWR Drawhooks to other loco operators
- through the sale of a range of clothing Try out our new on-line shop – follow the link to the DINMORE MANOR ON-LINE SHOP
- through donations from our supporters. (see our donations page for a simple way to do it)
- Now we have a further method that can be used by anyone – we have joined the UK’s leading good cause online shopping community – when supporters shop online with over 2700 of the UK’s top retailers we can get a small percentage of the sale value. You pay exactly the same price but we get a commission – simple and painless!
Just click on http://wfyw.easyfundraising.org.uk/?id=124299 and it will take you to the website and explain all you need to do – it is simple to register and then all your online shopping can help us get 2874 steaming again.
EASYFUNDRAISING To RESTORE 2874
Do you shop online? Did you know that each time you shop, you could be raising money for the restoration of 2874? That’s thanks to “Easyfundraising,” a way to donate that anyone can use, members and non-members alike.
And it works! To date, one organisation that we know raised more than £2,600 in 2013 – and more than £9,000 in total since signing up. We would like as many of our supporters as possible who shop via the Internet to help us in this way. Easyfundraising really is easy, and best of all, it costs neither you nor the company anything extra.
To get started, register by clicking here http://wfyw.easyfundraising.org.uk/?id=124299
The system works like Nectar or Airmiles, but instead of earning points, each purchase generates a cash donation. So instead of going directly to a retailer’s website, just go to easyfundraising first and choose the retailer you want to shop with, then everything you spend with them earns a percentage donation to the company, and your shopping won’t cost you a penny more.
Bookmark Easyfundraising on your browser and start shopping at more than 2,700 well-known retailers, including Amazon, Argos, Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, House of Fraser, Apple, Vodafone, Laterooms, Virgin Atlantic, Expedia, Aviva, AA, and many more. Participating retailers typically donate 1.5% of your purchase (Easyfundraising will tell you exactly how much you generate).
For regular shoppers, Easyfundraising provides a ” find and remind” tool. Whenever visiting an online store to buy something, if a donation to the company is possible, a pop-up reminder is displayed by Easyfundraising. Click on the link to facilitate the donation.